Town Planning by BL Planning
Town Planning seeks to exercise a distinct overarching, spatial and social vision for the built environment. So do we. BL Planning will act for you; engaging with the relevant Councils to see your project move forward.
At BL Planning, we have highly experienced planners providing an expert consultancy service. We are committed to speed, efficiency and a consistent high quality of service to you. Most importantly, we focus on achieving your desired development outcomes.
The BL Planning team continuously monitors the changing landscape of planning practice in Western Australia, ensuring we can provide you with the best possible practical advice for your project.
We will listen to you and learn all we can about what you want to achieve, and how best to serve your vision. The BL Planning team is committed to learning the specific context and fine details of your development. With that important information our planners will make expert representation on your behalf.
BL Planning services include:
- Strategic project direction.
- Project risk management.
- Scoping of specialist service requirements.
- Policy formulation and review.
- Structure planning.
- Improvement Scheme preparation.
- Local Planning Strategy and Scheme review and preparation.
- Preparation and submission of planning applications.
- R-Code assessments and advice.
- Negotiating with planning authorities to achieve optimal planning outcomes.
- Stakeholder engagement and public consultation.
Due Diligence Assessments
- Assessment of development and subdivision potential.
- Assessment of suitability of sites for client development/activity requirements.
- Preliminary environmental land characteristics.
- Identification of planning considerations: State-local regional planning schemes, structure plan provisions, DAP provisions, policy settings, and developer levies.
- Preparation of plans of subdivision.
- Negotiation with state and local agencies.
- Subdivision approval condition negotiations.
- Scheme amendment preparation.
- Structure Plan amendment.
- Detailed Area Plan amendments.
- Preparation and submission of applications for review with the State Administrative Tribunal.
- Represent client interests through mediation negotiations.
- Provision of advice on review options and grounds of review.
- Provision of expert opinion at Tribunal hearings.
- Preparation of stakeholder engagement strategies that are fit-for-purpose, positioning projects to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Representation and advocacy on behalf of clients.
- Assessment of submissions and preparation of responses.
- Facilitate engagement activities suited to the project.
BL Planning’s broad range of town planning and development services complement the wider expertise of BuildingLines in dealing with all matters related to building compliance, energy efficiency and specific services in cooperation with local Councils.